This year we are sharing the proceeds from the 2023 Running To Honor 5K with Victory Gym (https://www.victorygymvhc.org/) in Brownstown, Michigan along with the Taylor Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 4422. Victory Gym is an "old school" type gym that is open to the public. Veterans and First Responders are eligible for a free membership. Civilians pay $15 a month unless they volunteer to work at the gym. They host PTSD meetings weekly to help Veterans manage life after returning from was. Victory Gym provides a safe atmosphere for Veterans to decompress and get away from the stresses of the civilian world. If you are a civilian (or Veteran) and are interested in volunteering at the gym they are always looking for help!
Thanks to our generous supporters and donors, over the past 5 years Running To Honor has been able to make a difference in the community in the following ways:
- Contributed the majority of the funds needed to purchase and install a 40 kilowatt solar panel system (132 solar panels) at the Wyandotte VFW Post 1136 reducing their electricty bill from $2,000 a month to around $200 a month.
- Contributed funds to the Taylor VFW Post 4422 which helped with projects as well as keeping their doors open for their members.
- Paid for a portion of the Specialist Holly McGeogh Memorial Highway signs on I-75 in Taylor, Michigan
- Fully paid for the Sergeant Craig Frank Memorial Highway signs on Fort Street in Lincoln Park
- Donated funds to Taylor's Saluting Sailor John Heidenreich for his annual 9/11 Memorial display